Looking for Spring 2019 Photo sessions? Click here!
My name is Trevor Mahlmann. I am a professional photographer based here in West Lafayette.
I am gearing up for the Spring 2018 graduation season here at Purdue and have a much more refined process for scheduling photo sessions this year!
Below you’ll find a place to select which type of session you’d like, from just yourself all the way up to a full group of friends or family!
If you are interested in booking a session, you’ll find an FAQ below the booking section with LOTS of information about logistics/etc and will help answer your questions!
If you could, please read through the FAQ section to see if your question is answered there before sending me an email.
Frequently Asked Questions
For both IU & Purdue
If you refer five (5) people to book a session with me, you'll get your session for free! Like free, free.
To add a referral, include who referred you (first and last name of the graduate) in the "Notes
" section when you book your session! (click here to see an example of the Notes section/how to earn a referral
- I am happy to make referrals retroactive too for May 2020 when I've begun this program. If you've already booked your session this year and know you referred several people: contact those people and have them click or tap on the "Reschedule or Cancel" button in the email received when they first booked their appointment, and type your name in the "Notes" section (remember to give them the same name you booked with)
- Year: Referrals will count regardless of school year! If you refer 5 people to book *this year* but your son or daughter isn't graduating until May 2021 etc, I will be keeping a master list of names and referral totals.
- School: Referrals will count regardless of whether you book/refer a session at Purdue West Lafayette or Indiana University in Bloomington. If you book a session at Purdue WL and 5 people book with me at IUB, you get yours free! If you book a session at Purdue WL and 3 book at Purdue WL and 2 book at IUB, you get yours free! (and vise versa/no matter the number of each or combinations)
- Only graduation sessions May 2020 and forward are eligible for a refund. Photo sessions booked for Winter 2019 or earlier are not eligible to be refunded.
- All or nothing. 5 referrals must be reached. 4 referrals and less (while much appreciated for spreading the word) won't get a reward. You need 5 to get your photo session free!
- Your window to reach 5 referrals and eligibility for a refund ends at 8:59 PM Eastern Time the day before your photo session date. For example: If your session is on May 16th, 2020, you'll need to reach 5 referrals before 8:59 PM on May 15th, 2020.
- The "Notes" section of the booking area is the only way to earn referrals. Referrals will not be taken via any other communication method (email, Facebook Message, Twitter DM etc) to keep it simple and to avoid duplicates.
I'll email you a link to your private gallery (just like this
) within 1 week of your session date/time, where you can download your full-res, edited JPG files!
For example: If your session is on say Thursday the 3rd at 3:00pm, you will have your photos signed, sealed, and delivered by Thursday the 10th at 3:00pm.
You are guaranteed a minimum of 25 photos!
Yes! I know things can come up. If it is more than 2 weeks before your respective session, you can reschedule directly through the confirmation email you received at the time of booking!
If it is within one week of your session, just email me:
I would be more than happy to help try to find you a new day/time within my May 11th - 18th window!
If you have ideas for specific photos that you want taken, I would love to hear them! During or after booking (via confirmation email) you can add your ideas to the "notes" section of your photo session. Add them there or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org, I would be happy to discuss ideas and/or add them to your session for you!
My Single, Small Family, Large Family, and Small Group sessions include individual photos of graduates.
Large and XL Group sessions are group photos only, unless time allows. (which, it usually does if we're efficient and you know where you want photos at on campus)
Looking to have photos taken with your boyfriend or girlfriend? I'd be glad to accommodate you both!
Simply book the Small Group (2-5 Grads or Friends) session!
Yes! And when I send you the completed gallery of images, there will be a 20% off coupon code at the top of the page you can use.
I am open to your suggestions of things generally in-between the Arch and PMU but here are the locations graduates want to visit most frequently:
- Purdue Gateway Arch
- Neil Armstrong Statue/Hall of Engineering
- Engineering Fountain
- Hovde Hall
- Bell Tower
- John Purdue Statue
- Loeb Fountain
- University Hall
- Memorial Mall
- Unfinished "Block P" Sculpture
- Purdue University Sign #1 on Grant Street (near KNOY)
- Purdue Memorial Union
- Purdue University Sign #2 on Grant Street (L shaped corner of Grant and State St.)
- Harry's Chocolate Shop Outside Wall
The order will vary inversely based on your meeting location.
The prices shown above are a total price!
You would divide the price by how many graduates/friends you have in your group.
For example: Large Group // $350 // 10 Graduates // $35 per Graduate
The group should designate one person to book the session and the friends in the group would be responsible for paying that person back.
Full payment at booking required.
- Full refund: If cancelled within 24 hours of booking your respective session.
- 50% refund: If cancelled after 24 hours of booking but more than one week from your respective session.
- No refund: cancellations within one week of respective session.
- Weather & Safety: If rain, thunderstorms, or some other dangerous situation create an environment unsafe or unsuitable to take pictures for 50% to 100% of your respective session duration a 50% refund will be issued.
- Family Emergency: If you are unable to make it to your session due to a family emergency (like a family members passing) and there are still session slots available, you will be given an opportunity to reschedule. If no sessions are available, a 75% refund will be issued.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Situation: Barring any restrictions (lockdown) physically preventing travel to/from the Purdue University West Lafayette campus, I plan to do each and every photo session. As a photographer, I am able and will keep my social distance properly.
All refunds take between 9 - 14 business days (total) to process and show up on your end, depending on your bank. If you decide not to show for your appointment, no refund will be issued. Thank you for your understanding.
I will adjust the leniency of this refund policy as I see fit given the constantly changing Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation.
If you still have questions about booking not answered above, feel free to contact me here and I’ll do my best to get back to you ASAP!
Please double-check the email you provide is correct to make sure I respond to the right one!
What you can expect: